- “There are a lot of people who think it would be fun to run a newspaper. Ever see Citizen Kane?” Dude. Peter Kaplan is so not worried about selling the Observer. [Times UK]
- Lloyd Grove only wants to see you laughing in the purple paint: Or something. Claire Zulkey at mbToolbox has an illuminating interview with Lloyd, and the backstory to a bastardized Prince reference. [mbToolbox]
- Oh, SNAP! “Wonkette has been removed, Counterpunch substituted.” Aw, c’mon, Jimmy, give the kids a chance! It’s their first day! [James Wolcott]
- When The Lights Go Down In The City: Last season during Fashion Week, you may recall that an accident at the Diane von Furstenberg show wherein a bank of lights fell down and struck Karen Hanes Larrain, fashion market director of Cosmopolitan, resulting in a concussion and 30 stitches for the unlucky victim. This year Hanes Larrain, who has filed a lawsuit regarding the incident, has confirmed that she will be attending Fashion Week…just not the von Furstenberg show. No kidding. Good luck this time ’round. [SFGate]
- On the video, who-oa-oa-oah, on the video: Bastardized Donna Summer is a helluva lot better than the bastardized version of “blog” which is “vlog,” which sounds like an evil yet lazy Transylvanian despot. [NYT]
- Welcome to Yesterday…the way I’m rewriting it: Gatecrasher Ben Widdicombe reads Page Six vet Ian Spiegelman’s latest murder mystery, and finds all sorts of easily-identifiable victims strewn amongst its pages. [NYDN]
mediabistro.com is looking for a Night Assistant. next job American Media, Inc. is looking for a eCommerce Project Manager. next job MME is looking for a Assistant Account Executive. next job Daily Mail Online is looking for a Community Moderator. next job Effective Immediately PR / The Outlet Music is looking for a Assistant Publicist. next job RGM Group is looking for a Digital Media, Director of Sales Northeast. next job Gannett Co. Inc. is looking for a Advertising Sales Coordinator. next job Dow Jones is looking for a Account Development Executive. next job The Huffington Post is looking for a HuffPost PR&Communications Fellowship. next job J. Walter Thompson Inc (JWT) is looking for a Payroll Associate. see all
In this New York course, you will learn how to produce fantastic parties and promotions with the director of special events at ABC Television. You'll discover how to think, plan, problem solve, and produce like a professional event planner. This course will follow the process of planning an event from beginning to end. Get $25 OFF with code BYEFEB. Register Now!