- “There are a lot of people who think it would be fun to run a newspaper. Ever see Citizen Kane?” Dude. Peter Kaplan is so not worried about selling the Observer. [Times UK]
- Lloyd Grove only wants to see you laughing in the purple paint: Or something. Claire Zulkey at mbToolbox has an illuminating interview with Lloyd, and the backstory to a bastardized Prince reference. [mbToolbox]
- Oh, SNAP! “Wonkette has been removed, Counterpunch substituted.” Aw, c’mon, Jimmy, give the kids a chance! It’s their first day! [James Wolcott]
- When The Lights Go Down In The City: Last season during Fashion Week, you may recall that an accident at the Diane von Furstenberg show wherein a bank of lights fell down and struck Karen Hanes Larrain, fashion market director of Cosmopolitan, resulting in a concussion and 30 stitches for the unlucky victim. This year Hanes Larrain, who has filed a lawsuit regarding the incident, has confirmed that she will be attending Fashion Week…just not the von Furstenberg show. No kidding. Good luck this time ’round. [SFGate]
- On the video, who-oa-oa-oah, on the video: Bastardized Donna Summer is a helluva lot better than the bastardized version of “blog” which is “vlog,” which sounds like an evil yet lazy Transylvanian despot. [NYT]
- Welcome to Yesterday…the way I’m rewriting it: Gatecrasher Ben Widdicombe reads Page Six vet Ian Spiegelman’s latest murder mystery, and finds all sorts of easily-identifiable victims strewn amongst its pages. [NYDN]
Online B2B Publisher in the Finance/Real Estate is looking for a Editorial and Marketing Coodinator. next job Modern Magazine is looking for a Advertising Sales, Commission Only. next job realtor.com/News Corp. is looking for a National Account Manager (NY or Chicago). next job Eurasia Group is looking for a Graphic Designer. next job Apress is looking for a Senior Editor, Computer Science. next job Media Executive Search Firm is looking for a Talent Acquisition Researcher (Business Intelligen. next job Mouth Public Relations, LLC is looking for a SAE/Account Director - NYC PR Firm. next job Cinedigm is looking for a Marketing Intern. next job NewYork-Presbyterian is looking for a Manager - Service Line Marketing. next job Art in America Magazine is looking for a Annual Guide Listings Coordinator. see all
Starting January 15, work with a literary agent to write your middle-grade novel! In this course, you'll learn how to develop strong characters, write compelling dialogue, master the art of revision, and market your work to publishing houses and agents. Register now!