- “There are a lot of people who think it would be fun to run a newspaper. Ever see Citizen Kane?” Dude. Peter Kaplan is so not worried about selling the Observer. [Times UK]
- Lloyd Grove only wants to see you laughing in the purple paint: Or something. Claire Zulkey at mbToolbox has an illuminating interview with Lloyd, and the backstory to a bastardized Prince reference. [mbToolbox]
- Oh, SNAP! “Wonkette has been removed, Counterpunch substituted.” Aw, c’mon, Jimmy, give the kids a chance! It’s their first day! [James Wolcott]
- When The Lights Go Down In The City: Last season during Fashion Week, you may recall that an accident at the Diane von Furstenberg show wherein a bank of lights fell down and struck Karen Hanes Larrain, fashion market director of Cosmopolitan, resulting in a concussion and 30 stitches for the unlucky victim. This year Hanes Larrain, who has filed a lawsuit regarding the incident, has confirmed that she will be attending Fashion Week…just not the von Furstenberg show. No kidding. Good luck this time ’round. [SFGate]
- On the video, who-oa-oa-oah, on the video: Bastardized Donna Summer is a helluva lot better than the bastardized version of “blog” which is “vlog,” which sounds like an evil yet lazy Transylvanian despot. [NYT]
- Welcome to Yesterday…the way I’m rewriting it: Gatecrasher Ben Widdicombe reads Page Six vet Ian Spiegelman’s latest murder mystery, and finds all sorts of easily-identifiable victims strewn amongst its pages. [NYDN]
Random House U.S.A is looking for a Editorial Director, Tastebook.com. next job Daily Mail Online is looking for a General Reporters. next job John Wiley & Sons, Inc. is looking for a Marketing Manager. next job The Museum of Modern Art is looking for a Video Producer. next job Macmillan is looking for a Marketing Analytics Director. next job Crain's New York Business is looking for a Account Manager. next job Oxford University Press is looking for a Editor, Science/Medical Journals. next job Scholastic is looking for a Meta-Data Assistant. next job Scholastic is looking for a Copy Editor. next job Advertising Age is looking for a Multimedia Producer. see all
Starting August 6, learn how to find the right agent for your book and write a query that will get the deal done! Taught by Barbara Clark, a book agent and publishing consultant, you will learn the best methods for finding a literary agent, the proper protocol and etiquette for seeking literary representation, how to send queries and more. Register now!