- “There are a lot of people who think it would be fun to run a newspaper. Ever see Citizen Kane?” Dude. Peter Kaplan is so not worried about selling the Observer. [Times UK]
- Lloyd Grove only wants to see you laughing in the purple paint: Or something. Claire Zulkey at mbToolbox has an illuminating interview with Lloyd, and the backstory to a bastardized Prince reference. [mbToolbox]
- Oh, SNAP! “Wonkette has been removed, Counterpunch substituted.” Aw, c’mon, Jimmy, give the kids a chance! It’s their first day! [James Wolcott]
- When The Lights Go Down In The City: Last season during Fashion Week, you may recall that an accident at the Diane von Furstenberg show wherein a bank of lights fell down and struck Karen Hanes Larrain, fashion market director of Cosmopolitan, resulting in a concussion and 30 stitches for the unlucky victim. This year Hanes Larrain, who has filed a lawsuit regarding the incident, has confirmed that she will be attending Fashion Week…just not the von Furstenberg show. No kidding. Good luck this time ’round. [SFGate]
- On the video, who-oa-oa-oah, on the video: Bastardized Donna Summer is a helluva lot better than the bastardized version of “blog” which is “vlog,” which sounds like an evil yet lazy Transylvanian despot. [NYT]
- Welcome to Yesterday…the way I’m rewriting it: Gatecrasher Ben Widdicombe reads Page Six vet Ian Spiegelman’s latest murder mystery, and finds all sorts of easily-identifiable victims strewn amongst its pages. [NYDN]
The Huffington Post is looking for a Social Media Fellowships, Parents/Healthy Living. next job RBI is looking for a Senior Marketing Executive - Flightglobal. next job SundaySky is looking for a Creative Director. next job Penguin Group (USA) is looking for a (Junior) Designer – Putnam Riverhead Ad/Promo. next job Horsesmouth is looking for a Writer-Analyst-Project Manager. next job Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is looking for a Marketing Brand Manager. next job The Forward is looking for a Director, Marketing & Audience Development. next job Redux Pictures is looking for a Commercial Photography Representative. next job The Associated Press is looking for a GMS Special Events & Resource Coordinator. next job YaYa Publicity is looking for a Social Media Manager. see all
Starting October 1, learn how to write queries for magazines and websites! In this course, you'll learn how to write and send an effective pitch, generate pitch letters, research outlets for your articles, and follow-up with editors to ensure that your queries get results. Register now!