- “There are a lot of people who think it would be fun to run a newspaper. Ever see Citizen Kane?” Dude. Peter Kaplan is so not worried about selling the Observer. [Times UK]
- Lloyd Grove only wants to see you laughing in the purple paint: Or something. Claire Zulkey at mbToolbox has an illuminating interview with Lloyd, and the backstory to a bastardized Prince reference. [mbToolbox]
- Oh, SNAP! “Wonkette has been removed, Counterpunch substituted.” Aw, c’mon, Jimmy, give the kids a chance! It’s their first day! [James Wolcott]
- When The Lights Go Down In The City: Last season during Fashion Week, you may recall that an accident at the Diane von Furstenberg show wherein a bank of lights fell down and struck Karen Hanes Larrain, fashion market director of Cosmopolitan, resulting in a concussion and 30 stitches for the unlucky victim. This year Hanes Larrain, who has filed a lawsuit regarding the incident, has confirmed that she will be attending Fashion Week…just not the von Furstenberg show. No kidding. Good luck this time ’round. [SFGate]
- On the video, who-oa-oa-oah, on the video: Bastardized Donna Summer is a helluva lot better than the bastardized version of “blog” which is “vlog,” which sounds like an evil yet lazy Transylvanian despot. [NYT]
- Welcome to Yesterday…the way I’m rewriting it: Gatecrasher Ben Widdicombe reads Page Six vet Ian Spiegelman’s latest murder mystery, and finds all sorts of easily-identifiable victims strewn amongst its pages. [NYDN]
Books/literature website is looking for a Assistant Editor. next job Well+Good is looking for a Articles Editor. next job Moet Hennessy USA is looking for a Regional Marketing Manager- Veuve Clicquot. next job High 5 Games is looking for a Digital Media Buyer/Planner. next job HBO is looking for a HBO Production Manager. next job The College Board is looking for a Associate Content Editor. next job Viacom is looking for a Writer, Viacom Catalyst. next job MakerBot is looking for a Supply Chain Buyer. next job HigherEdge Marketing Services is looking for a Client Service / Marketing Manager. next job Wenner Media is looking for a RollingStone.com Junior Designer. see all
Instructor and journalist Jeryl Brunner has written for numerous publications including O, the Oprah Magazine, Travel + Leisure, VanityFair.com and more! Starting November 3, she'll teach you how to query specific publications, find resources for reporting, and create captivating stories that editors will want and readers will enjoy. Register now!