The New York Times has announced four appointments to its advertising department. Below are the details.
- Michael Zimbalist has been named senior vice president, ad products and research and development. Zimbalist has been overseeing the Times’ R&D team since 2006. He’ll continue to do so while taking on this new role.
- Andy Wright has been named senior vice president, advertising. In this role he’ll lead the Times’ technology, finance, real estate and automotive category teams. He’ll also oversee the Times’ national sales offices in San Francisco, Boston, Chicago and Detroit and the Sunday Magazine. Wright was most recently group vice president for the Times.
- Lou Fabrizio has also been named senior vice president. He’ll continue to oversee the Los Angeles sales office. Fabrizio was most recently vice president. He has been with the Times since 1979.
- Jean-Christophe DeMarta has been named vice president, global advertising. DeMarta, who joined the International Herald Tribune (now the International New York Times) in 1999, will oversee ad teams across Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Reuters Trio Rewarded with Choice New Assignments
- Eater to Begin Restaurant Reviews
- Cameron Connors Named Publisher of Popular Mechanics, Rodale Promotes Two
- Former NY Times Exec Tim Griggs Named Publisher of Texas Tribune