From our offices in New York, Time senior editor Jonathan Woods positioned a camera overlooking Radio City Music Hall and Rockefeller Center to shoot thousands of photos between 4:30 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday in order to capture the snow accumulating — and New Yorkers busily moving through the storm — on the frenetic streets of midtown Manhattan.
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. is looking for a Marketing Manager. next job Random House U.S.A is looking for a Editorial Director, Tastebook.com. next job Oxford University Press is looking for a Editor, Science/Medical Journals. next job Scholastic is looking for a Copy Editor. next job Macmillan is looking for a Marketing Analytics Director. next job The Museum of Modern Art is looking for a Video Producer. next job Crain's New York Business is looking for a Account Manager. next job Scholastic is looking for a Meta-Data Assistant. next job Advertising Age is looking for a Multimedia Producer. next job Daily Mail Online is looking for a General Reporters. see all
Posts Tagged ‘Denver Nicks’
Starting August 6, learn how to find the right agent for your book and write a query that will get the deal done! Taught by Barbara Clark, a book agent and publishing consultant, you will learn the best methods for finding a literary agent, the proper protocol and etiquette for seeking literary representation, how to send queries and more. Register now!
Nancy Gibbs hasn’t been managing editor of Time for long, but she has already made some big moves. Gibbs just sent out a memo announcing three promotions and 11 new hires. Below are the details, followed by Gibbs’ full note.
- Michael Crowley has been promoted to chief foreign affairs correspondent; Massimo Calabresi has been upped to deputy Washington bureau chief; and Catherine Mayer is now an editor-at-large.
- Isaac Guzmán has been named culture editor. He comes to Time from The New York Post, where he served eight years as the Sunday features editor.
- Matt Vella has been named business editor. He most recently worked at Fortune.
- Jessica Roy is Time’s new Newsfeed editor. She most recently worked at The New York Observer, overseeing its Betabeat blog.
- Dan Hirschhorn will serve as Time’s continuous news editor, a new role at the magazine.
- Web reporters hired: Eliana Dockterman, Charlotte Alter, Denver Nicks, Noah Rayman, Laura Stampler, Joseph Lin, Mia Tramz.