From our offices in New York, Time senior editor Jonathan Woods positioned a camera overlooking Radio City Music Hall and Rockefeller Center to shoot thousands of photos between 4:30 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday in order to capture the snow accumulating — and New Yorkers busily moving through the storm — on the frenetic streets of midtown Manhattan.
Evyn Block Communications is looking for a Account Executive/Senior Account Executive. next job Adweek is looking for a Director, Ad Operations and Programmatic Revenue. next job Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is looking for a Marketing Brand Manager. next job NY Daily News is looking for a Entertainment/Gossip Writer. next job Mediabistro is looking for a Editor, TVNewser. next job Redux Pictures is looking for a Commercial Photography Representative. next job CafeMom is looking for a Freelance Writer, The Stir. next job Bloomberg LP is looking for a Finance Team Editor. next job German National Tourist Office is looking for a Public Relations Manager North America. next job SundaySky is looking for a Creative Director. see all
Posts Tagged ‘Denver Nicks’
Starting September 23, learn how to turn your travel stories into published essays and articles! Taught by a former Vanity Fair staff writer, James Sturz will teach you how to report, interview, and find sources, discover story ideas and pitch them successfully, and understand what travel editors look for in a story. Register now!
Nancy Gibbs hasn’t been managing editor of Time for long, but she has already made some big moves. Gibbs just sent out a memo announcing three promotions and 11 new hires. Below are the details, followed by Gibbs’ full note.
- Michael Crowley has been promoted to chief foreign affairs correspondent; Massimo Calabresi has been upped to deputy Washington bureau chief; and Catherine Mayer is now an editor-at-large.
- Isaac Guzmán has been named culture editor. He comes to Time from The New York Post, where he served eight years as the Sunday features editor.
- Matt Vella has been named business editor. He most recently worked at Fortune.
- Jessica Roy is Time’s new Newsfeed editor. She most recently worked at The New York Observer, overseeing its Betabeat blog.
- Dan Hirschhorn will serve as Time’s continuous news editor, a new role at the magazine.
- Web reporters hired: Eliana Dockterman, Charlotte Alter, Denver Nicks, Noah Rayman, Laura Stampler, Joseph Lin, Mia Tramz.