Jason Toney, in his own words, was once the editor of LAist and a b-level blogebrity. Now, he’s a senior producer at Disney.com. Toney’s own blog, Negro Please is famous for music recommendations. And he’s everywhere, Twitter, SXSW, Linkedin. But, no matter where he is, he made time for our foolish, yet curiously revealing, questions.
1. What newspapers do you read? Well, I keep forgetting to cancel my LA Times subscription. Does that count?
2. Which ones do you move your lips while reading? I’m part of the digerati, so you know I click on Salon and Slate and Alternet links but I truly get all my news from youtube kidz. Lip-dubbing “Crazy” counts, right?
3. Which Web sites, besides FBLA, are on your favorites bookmark? Popmatters and Disney.com (plug) and Go Fug Yourself (plug)
4. Where do you get your car washed? I’ve decided not washing my car is good for the environment.
5. Do you know your dentist’s first name? No, but it’s Armenian and hard to spell.
6. Do you believe newspapers are going to die? If so, when? No, but the paperless newspaper is what’s happenin’.