Loews Hotels chairman and CEO and Michael’s regular Jonathan Tisch interviewed yesterday by Carol Joynt, the owner of Nathan’s restaurant in Georgetown, as part of her ongoing “Q&A Cafe” series (Tina Brown will be there in June). According to her Web site, Joynt is currently trying to pass a kidney stone, but managed to make it through the interview.
Posts Tagged ‘Jonathan Tisch’
The scene at 55th & Fifth was bustling as always thanks to one iconic newsman (we always sit up a little straighter when Tom Brokaw is in the room), a mix of movie moguls and the usual roundup of public relations pitchmen and women. Peggy Siegal did her usual flitting from table to table (We have to ask: what was up with that rugby striped mini dress, muffler and corduroy jacket? Homage to the Love Story era Ali McGraw, perhaps?). Paramount CEO Brad Grey did his share of glad-handing. It was introductions all around at the SRO bar, too. Michael‘s wife Kim McCarty made the acquaintance of lunchtime chronicler Diane Clehane and chatted about the couple’s upcoming trip to Paris to visit their daughter, Clancy. Bon Voyage!
Here’s a rundown of today’s menu:
1. A table of distinguished looking gentlemen including ad man Jerry Della Femina and Good Morning America‘s Joel Siegel.
2. Peter Brown and guest.
3. Ben Silverman and Matt Blank.
4. Steve Rubenstein and guests.
5. Herb Siegal
6. Leslie Stevens of LaForce & Stevens and two unidentified fashionistas.
7. Marc Victor (Happy Birthday!), producer Amy Rosenblum and Giada De Laurentiis. The Food Network hottie has been sitting on Today‘s couch as a substitute chatter during the show’s third hour. “She’s doing great!” says the always affable Marc.