The National Society of Newspaper Columnists have announced its 2014 finalists. The awards celebrate those who submitted works completed during last year.
The winners will be named June 28, during a ceremony at Howard University. Below are those who made the cut.
General Interest, Over 50,000 circulation:
- Ken Dixon, Connecticut Post, Bridgeport
- Alfred P. Doblin, The Record, Bergen County, New Jersey
- James Haught, The Charleston (West Virginia) Gazette
Humor, Over 50,000 circulation:
- Greg Schwem, Tribune Content Agency
- Steve Young, The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Dan Zevin, The New York Times