FiveThirtyEight, the upcoming site to be helmed by Nate Silver, has added to its staff. The big names: Mike Wilson is joining as managing editor and Kate Elazegui is coming aboard as creative director. Below are the details, along with the rest of the editorial team, as of now.
- Wilson most recently served as managing editor of the Tampa Bay Times, Florida’s largest newspaper.
- Elazegui previously held roles with Pentagram, New York Magazine and Vanity Fair. Elazegui will also provide creative direction for Grantland.
- Carl Bialik has been named senior writer, news. He previously wrote The Wall Street Journal’s ”The Numbers Guy” column.
- Micah Cohen joins as senior editor. Cohen previously worked with Silver when he was at the New York Times. Cohen will oversee FiveThirtyEight’s blogs.
- Harry Enten has been named senior writer, politics. Enten most recently worked with The Guardian.
- Walter Hickey joins as senior writer, science and lifestyle. He comes to the site from Business Insider.