John Kobylt and Kenneth Chiampou apologized to Jorge-Mario Cabrera Monday on KFI for giving out his cellphone number on-air.

“We have been trying to tell Jorge that we here at the John and Ken show, we apologize for the hateful or any illegal calls that he received,” Kobylt said. “We’ve tried to contact him in person.  In fact, I called him last week, got his voicemail.  He hasn’t called back.”

As a result of John and Ken’s actions against Cabrera, the National Hispanic Media Coalition launched an economic boycott earlier this month against KFI. 

NHMC director of communications Rosalia Tenorio told FishbowlLA the organizations and its allies (LULAC, NCLR, and CHIRLA) “will not settle for nothing less than John and Ken’s dismissal from KFI.”

Along with the apology, KFI released a statement in hopes of setting the record straight regarding the NHMC boycott.

After the jump is KFI’s statement:

Read more