The New York Times Co. just released their second quarter results. Highlights:
- Operating profit decreased to $43.3 million from $86.2 million in 2006 Q2.
- Earnings per share decreased to $.15 per share from $.37 in 2006 Q2.
- A pre-tax loss of $68.2 million from the sale of assets and a pre-tax gain of $39.6 million in assets.
- Net income increased to $118.4 million from $59.6 million in 2006 Q2.
- Sales declined 3.7% in total.
The good news? Bloomberg reports that it is still an improvement over what was expected.