Novelist Jasinda Wilder dominated our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week, taking multiple spots in three different marketplaces.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you are an author, check out our new online course–finish your book with the help of bestselling independent authors.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, March 25, 2013
1. Wait for You by J. Lynn: “Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life.”
2. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder: “I wasn’t always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way. Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.”
3. Twisted by K.A. Robinson: “Chloe and Drake have found their happily ever after… Almost. When Chloe’s mother comes back into her life with a bang, it sets off a chain of events no one could have ever expected.”
4. Break Me Slowly by Joya Ryan: “Graduate student Katelyn Gunn is headed for her first day of assistant teaching when she is almost hit by a car. The nervous and inexperienced Kate is shocked to realize that it isn’t the near death experience that has her heart racing, but the sinfully sexy man behind the wheel.”
5. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines: “The story that started with the New York Times Bestseller FALLEN TOO FAR continues… Rush withheld a secret that had destroyed her world. Her entire life had all been a lie.”
6. Torn by K.A. Robinson: “Chloe hasn’t had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past.”
7. Battlescars: A Rock & Roll Romance by Sophie Monroe: “Aubrey Thompson is a twenty-three year old flight attendant for her dad’s small commercial fleet. She’s a sarcastic smartass that has no problem telling you where to go. She also despises rock stars … In comes Jake Parker, the twenty-five year old lead singer of Battlescars.”
8. Lily’s Mistake by Pamela Ann: “Lily Alexander was always in love with Drake Tatum before she even knew what love meant. One fated night during one of their family vacations, Lily gave her virginity to Drake. After that magical night, Drake and Lily avoided each other successfully for eight years. Upon their parent’s meddling, the two suddenly had to face each other–working side by side.”
9. Maids of Misfortune: A Victorian San Francisco Mystery by M. Louisa Locke: “It’s the summer of 1879, and Annie Fuller, a young San Francisco widow, is in trouble. Annie’s husband squandered her fortune before committing suicide five years earlier, and one of his creditors is now threatening to take the boardinghouse she owns to pay off a debt. Annie Fuller also has a secret.”
10. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines: “To want what you’re not supposed to have… She is only nineteen. She is his new stepfather’s daughter. She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of March 25, 2013
1. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
2. With His Protection by Kelly Favor
3. The Mistress Mistake by Lynda Chance
4. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed
5. WILDE SERIES Boxed Set by Janelle Denison
6. Wait for You by J. Lynn
7. Unbroken by Melody Grace
8. Marked by Elisabeth Naughton
9. Whole Lotta Trouble by Stephanie Bond
10. Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, March 25, 2013
1. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
2. Raid by Kristen Ashley
3. Fate and Fury by Quinn Loftis
4. Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley
5. Words Are Stupid by John Cheese
6. Avoiding Intimacy by K.A. Linde
7. Satisfaction by K.M. Golland
8. Trish, Just Trish by Lynda LeeAnne
9. Decrypted by Lindsay Buroker
10. Alien Refuge by Tracy St. John
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of March 25, 2013
1. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
2. Wait for You by J. Lynn
3. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
4. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
5. The Preacher’s Son #2: Unleashed by Jasinda Wilder
6. Forever Black by Sandi Lynn
7. Serenity House Trilogy by Kathryn Shay
8. The Preacher’s Son #3: Unbroken by Jasinda Wilder
9. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
10. Breathe by Abbi Glines
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, March 25, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'Impulse' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Seven Year-Old Aims to Publish Anti-Gun Book
- 'The Arrangement 16' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List