Novelist Kate Dawes swept three spots on our Self-Publishing Bestseller List this week, selling the three books in her Fade series for 99-cents apiece on Amazon.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 5, 2012
1. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen: “Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.”
2. The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders: “All Alessandro de Lucci wants from his wife is a son but after a year and a half of unhappiness and disillusionment, all Theresa de Lucci wants from her ice cold husband is a divorce.”
3. The Perfect Game by J. Sterling: “the story of college juniors, Cassie Andrews & Jack Carter. When Cassie meets rising baseball hopeful Jack, she is determined to steer clear of him and his typical cocky attitude.”
4. Losing It by Cora Carmack: “Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, [Bliss Edwards] decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible– a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple…”
5. Fade into You by Kate Dawes: “Olivia Rowland leaves her Midwestern life behind after graduating from college and heads off to Los Angeles to work for a Hollywood talent agent. Life in L.A. is a culture shock, but nothing compared to the jolt she gets when Max enters her life.”
6. Down to You by M. Leighton: “Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him.”
7. On Thin Ice by Anne Stuart: “Elizabeth Pennington has come to the war-torn South American country of Callivera to volunteer at a tiny mission. Kidnapped by the local rebels who are more interested in ransom than politics, she ends up at their camp in the Andes where she meets Finn MacGowan, member of the infamous Committee.”
8. Fade Into Me by Kate Dawes: “I’d never let my walls down that much, never shared such intimacy with someone before. It was as close to perfection as I’d ever been. And I discovered nothing comes without risk…”
9. Fade into Always by Kate Dawes: “Olivia and Max seem to be on a path to having everything they both desire—an unbreakable union above all. But in this conclusion to the FADE series, they will face some of the toughest challenges neither of them could have imagined.”
10. Naked by Raine Miller: “An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, Brynne Bennett’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 5, 2012
1. Tidewater by Antoinette Stockenberg
2. Don’t Say a Word by Barbara Freethy
3. LOSING IT by Cora Carmack
4. Down to You by M. Leighton
5. Emily’s Ghost by Antoinette Stockenberg
6. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
7. His Every Defense by Kelly Favor
8. Charade by Nyrae Dawn
9. Love Left Behind by S.H. Kolee
10. Beyond Midnight by Antoinette Stockenberg
Smashwords eBook Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, November 5, 2012
1. Space Eldritch by Nathan Shumate
2. Something in the Wine by Jae
3. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
6. Jocomo by Timothy Cohorst
7. Down to You by M Leighton
8. Manhattan Moon by Jae
9. Something Like Winter by Jay Bell
10. Temporary Kiss by Jillian Holmes
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, November 5, 2012.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'
- Melody Anne's Advice For Self-Published Authors: 'Hire an Editor You Can Trust'
- 'Trouble' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week