- Wolters Kluwer might buy out Reed Elsevier after all, now that Credit Suisse has given the okay.
- HMV might be stuck in the muck of bad news, but publishers are happy with the new directions Borders is taking.
- All the key UK book retailers, including high street, online, supermarkets and direct sale, are now backing the Galaxy British Book Awards.
- More than 50,000 free copies of Andrea Levy‘s novel, SMALL ISLAND, will be distributed today in four British cities in a bid to encourage reading, discussion and possibly argument.
- Independent booksellers are not happy with the Booksellers Association at all – and are thinking of starting up their own separate entity.
Just weeks after Waterstone’s decided to rebrand its Ottakar’s flagship store in Glasgow a few months ago, the shop has been slated for closure.
- Kensington Publishing Teams With Books-A-Million on eBooks
- Mary Jane Karwoski & Annie Philbrick Join Binc Foundation Board
- Phaidon Acquires Artspace
- San Francisco Book Store Creates Reddit Book Recommendation Wall