We’ve noticed that in the advertising and public relations industries, agencies are increasingly on the lookout for professionals experienced in social media. We can argue the merit of who has social media expertise and who doesn’t later. For now we want to know: what are agencies and their clients looking for in this burgeoning field?
Over the next few days PRNewser and AgencySpy will run interviews with major agencies seeking social media hires. These are not exhaustive interviews, just 10 quick questions aimed at peeling the lid back. Hopefully the questions we asked will help you guide your career path, if social media is part of it. The latest is an interview with Katy Kelley, Vice President of Communications at Carrot Creative.
1. What are the core skills of the social media staffer?
Click here to read the rest of this interview.
- Why Social Media Managers Need to Manage Their Own Social Media
- STUDY: Is PR's Focus on Digital Media Detrimental to Brand Storytelling?
- U.S. Airways Calls Infamous X-Rated Tweet 'an Honest Mistake'
- More Tips for Avoiding and Containing Social Media Crises