This week Women’s Wear Daily notified us of some big changes at what is (still) one of the biggest names in media.
As Time Inc. prepares to spin off from parent company Time Warner Inc., its team is shifting accordingly:
- Marketing exec Susan Parkes will now be SVP of marketing and strategy, reporting to EVP Todd Larsen. This role will include marketing for People and event management for related titles Entertainment Weekly, InStyle, Essence, etc.
- Special projects director Lisa Simpson will report to Parkes and work with editors of the aforementioned titles
- VP of strategy and planning Bettina Cisneros will also report to Parks
- Regina Buckley will be SVP of strategy and operations, reporting to EVP/head of lifestyle titles Evelyn Webster.
On the PR side, SVP of comms operations Nancy Valentino will now report directly to Larsen while running news, sports and entertainment titles.
Beth Mitchell and Jill Davidson will run comms for the lifestyle titles; the two will split responsibilities for the various publications.
- The Ticker: The Interview as Statement; Return of Bulldog Reporter; NSA Admits to Everything; And More
- While Bill Cosby's Lawyer Blames CNN, We Might Blame the System
- Biggest Stories of the Week
- Prudential Comms Chief Steps Down After 20+ Years