We don’t know about you, but we’re quite ready for happy hour!
The “happy hour” in our headline doesn’t involve discounts on cocktails, but that doesn’t make it any less interesting: the Los Angeles branch of PRSA will launch its own Google+ hangout next Tuesday in order to better connect PR pros around the country with West Coast tech writers.
The facts you need to know:
- The hangout occurs from 5-6 PT (hence the title)
- The first event includes tech journalists from both new and old-school outlets: KTLA, The Hollywood Reporter, The Los Angeles Times and SoCalTech
- Unlike other, lamer happy hours, this one is free!
A rep tells us that the group created the event to reach out to more PR and marketing pros who specialize in the digital realm—so if you want to learn more about how these reporters choose which stories to cover, then you might want to check in. You can attend the event from your favorite bar as long as it has acceptable wi-fi service.
Hell, if you work freelance like we do then you can even mix your own drink.
- The Ticker: Target Picks New CEO; Gawker Grows Up; 'Overengineered' PR Tools; And More
- PR Veterans to Launch 'The NRA for Cannabis'
- The Ticker: Instagram Clones Snapchat; UGC Is Magic; Future of Twitter; And More
- General Mills Holds Its Nose, Leaps into Climate Change