- New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings looked south for communications services, choosing French/West/Vaughan as his agency of record. F/W/V will help Jennings develop his personal brand and “maximize his business opportunities” via sponsorships, marketing initiatives, etc. Interestingly, Jennings is a health nut on a gluten/casein-free diet who also enjoys motivational speaking, performing magic tricks and playing the guitar.
Now who wants Johnny Manziel?!
- Finn Partners has expanded its relationship with Rosetta Stone, the educational technology company. The firm has been Rosetta’s AOR since 2011, and now it will also handle the company’s “Enterprise & Education division” and will now handle PR duties in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Brazil. Five firms participated in the review, but Rosetta stuck with the one they knew best. Unfortunately, the company still can’t teach us to speak French while we sleep.
- Birmingham’s Intermark Group will handle PR duties for Express Oil Change® & Tire Engineers. The chain looks to generate coverage in media outlets across the southeast to raise awareness of an expansion that will include 12 new locations in 2014 as well as highlighting community partnerships. No word on whether Express will service Teslas.
- Juice franchise Smoothie King went with Austin’s Snackbox as its AOR after an RFP process that included more than 30 firms. The New Orleans-based franchise will use Snackbox to “help educate consumers on new products, better nutrition, and healthy lifestyles”. We’re not sure how many gluten-free products Smoothie King carries, but we do hear that Rashad Jennings is looking to make some endorsements…
[Pic via RashadJennings.com]
- Biggest Stories of the Week
- The Don of PR Reminds The New York Times That Stunts Work
- Which 15 Firms Made the Inc. 5000 List?
- The Ticker: Facebook Ends Free Ride; ALS Haters; Silicon Valley Takes SF; And More