1) “The charge: The Tucson massacre is a consequence of the ‘climate of hate’ created by” Glenn Beck and other media figures.
2) “The verdict:” that the media jumped to “unheard of conclusions there were “reckless, so scurrilous and so unsupported by evidence.”
Jared Loughner‘s motivations are still being looked into. But preliminary findings show that — as Krauthhammer wrote — there is “no evidence that Loughner was impelled to violence by any of those upon whom Paul Krugman, Keith Olbermann, the New York Times, the Tucson sheriff and other rabid partisans are fixated.”
The New York Times’ op-ed columnist, David Brooks, wrote a similar piece today titled “The Politicized Mind,” which also called out those who tried to make Loughner’s motives political.
- Stephen Colbert Skewers Hannity's Adrian Peterson Defense, Whips Out His Belt
- Ailes Apprentice Program to Kick Off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Shepard Smith Bets 'Every Penny I Will Ever Make at this Network'
- Bill Ayers: Megyn Kelly 'Is Like a Cyborg Constructed in the Basement of Fox News'