While two GOP politicians top the list, a couple tvnewsers are among GQ’s “50 Most Powerful People in Washington.” NBC’s Chuck Todd and Fox News’s Charles Krauthammer made the cut.
1) Eric Cantor
2) Mitch McConnell
3) David Plouffe
4) Leon Panetta
5) Hillary Clinton
19) Chuck Todd: “Through sheer ubiquity alone, Todd might be the most important political journalist working today. Throw in the fact that he’s widely liked, not at all flashy, and smart as hell, and it’s no contest.”
45) Charles Krauthammer: “[H]e’s a fixture at liberal stonings on Fox News. His tone-setting attacks against the administration caused the National Review to pen a love letter titled “Critic-in-Chief.”
FNC analyst Karl Rove is also on the list, clumped in with Steven Law and Ed Gillespie at #13. And CBS News president David Rhodes makes the list along with his brother Ben, Pres. Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser, at #20.
(h/t Playbook‘s Mike Allen … who was #40)
- Six of 10 Highest Paid CEOs are in Media
- Courtney Friel Hit On During Live Shot
- Snoop Dogg Might Be One of Larry King's 'Main Men,' but Donald Sterling Isn't
- The Best/Worst Valentine's for TV News Ladies