CNBC’s Erin Burnett tried a new beat today — pirates.
Reporting live from Cairo, Egypt all day for CNBC and MSNBC after spending a night on an oil tanker, Burnett delivered several “Dangerous Waters: Pirates and Power” segments.
“We literally took a trawler boat to get there in 10 foot seas,” she said during Street Signs, which she anchored at 2pmET. “We wanted to try to do it the way a pirate would.”
Taped reports will continue to air tonight on CNBC.
• HuffPost’s Jason Linkins gave his tongue-in-cheek take on the pirate reporting: “Last week, MSNBC didn’t have Erin Burnett ON A BOAT. AND NOW THEY DO. So, here’s a video of Erin Burnett, straight ridin’ around on a boat. How you like us now, Poseidon?”
Click continued to see her report this morning on Morning Joe…
- Why Biz Network Ratings Continue to Slide
- The Biz Ticker: Brennan, Survey Says, Bloomberg
- Maria Bartiromo Signs Off: 'After 20+ Amazing Years I Will Be Moving on to My Next Chapter'
- During Her Final CNBC Show, Maria Bartiromo Gets Heartfelt Goodbyes From Colleagues