On January 6, CNN as well as several other news outlets reported correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta was considering taking President Barack Obama up on his offer to become the new Surgeon General. The saga has continued for almost two months, and a new report says it may not be happening.
“A spokeswoman for CNN had no comment on Gupta’s standing, and Farrell said he has not spoken with Gupta personally,” reports Foxnews.com’s Judson Berger.
• Update: It’s confirmed — Gupta will not be Surgeon General.
- Arwa Damon Returns to Reporting for CNN
- As Time Warner Ends Vice Talks, A&E Plans $250M Stake in Media Company
- Reporter Departs CNN with Pencils, Pads, First Aid Kit and One Regret: 'There Are Far Too Few Redheads on CNN'
- Attorney Wants Retraction of CNN Story