The Michael Steele-Rush Limbaugh storyline continued this morning on Meet the Press.
David Gregory asked Newt Gingrich whether Limbaugh is “helping or hurting the Republican party.” Gingrich responded, “Rush Limbaugh, in the long run, is an interesting radio personality who — it’s like saying — does Chris Matthews help or hurt the Democratic party?” Gregory’s question was a follow-up to something Gingrich said earlier this week about Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel. Today, Gingrich added, “I just think either Emanuel has to change or the president has to understand he’s going to have a very partisan administration.”
Meanwhile, last night SNL did their send-ups of the Limbaugh-Steele verbal bout (below) and Rahm Emanuel’s White House role (after the jump).
• Related: How many listeners does Limbaugh have, anyway? WaPo’s Paul Farhi looks into it…
- White House Happy with Results of Pres. Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance
- Mike Huckabee: 'A Big Issue' Giving Up Fox, Other Income Streams for Presidential Run
- TV News Bookers Love Senator John McCain
- Why Bill O'Reilly Wants Michelle Obama on His Show