The Michael Steele-Rush Limbaugh storyline continued this morning on Meet the Press.
David Gregory asked Newt Gingrich whether Limbaugh is “helping or hurting the Republican party.” Gingrich responded, “Rush Limbaugh, in the long run, is an interesting radio personality who — it’s like saying — does Chris Matthews help or hurt the Democratic party?” Gregory’s question was a follow-up to something Gingrich said earlier this week about Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel. Today, Gingrich added, “I just think either Emanuel has to change or the president has to understand he’s going to have a very partisan administration.”
Meanwhile, last night SNL did their send-ups of the Limbaugh-Steele verbal bout (below) and Rahm Emanuel’s White House role (after the jump).
• Related: How many listeners does Limbaugh have, anyway? WaPo’s Paul Farhi looks into it…
- Is Politics Getting in the Way of News at CBS?
- Ailes: 'We Will Not Allow a Climate of Press Intimidation, Unseen Since the McCarthy Era'
- Heckler Interrupts President Obama During Speech, Steals Some News Coverage
- Obama: 'Journalists Should Not Be at Legal Risk for Doing their Jobs'