FishbowlNY’s Diane Clehane was at her usual Wednesday lunch spot today — Michael’s — when former CBS News president Andy Heyward invited her to an on-the-record lunch.
These days Andrew is busier than ever consulting for a full slate of companies including Monitor Group and NBC News. I asked Andrew how he felt when the New York Supreme Court’s appellate division threw out Dan Rather’s $70 million lawsuit against CBS last month. “I’m gratified by the appellate court’s unanimous decision to dismiss the case,” he told me. “I hope this is an opportunity for everyone involved to move on once and for all.” Not everyone seems to share that sentiment. Dan’s lawyer, Martin Gold, told TVNewser he plans to appeal.
• Read Lunch… on FishbowlNY.
- Megyn Kelly on White House Christmas Party: 'Boy oh Boy Did I See a Lot of MSNBC Anchors'
- How Scott Pelley Made It to Cuba Just in Time for 'The CBS Evening News'
- Bob Schieffer 'Stunned' Cuba News Wasn't Leaked: 'This is Just a Bombshell'
- Last of 'Murrow's Boys,' Richard Hottelet, Dies