The CNN original series “Inside Man,” produced and hosted by filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, has been renewed for a second season.
The new season of eight, one-hour episodes launches in Spring 2014. In season two, Spurlock takes a deep dive into topics including, “Celebrity,” the job of satisfying the public’s constant appetite for the famous; “Income Disparity,” the 1% vs. the 99%; and “The Future,” where Spurlock goes on an epic quest to live forever.
- Earlier on TVNewser: Morgan Spurlock, CNN’s ‘Inside Man,’ In His Element
Viewership for season one — from late June to early August airing at 10pm Sundays — the show averaged 397,000 total viewers and 170,000 A25-54 viewers. Among that younger demo, the program was up +42% vs. the prior 4 weeks before launch.
“Inside Man is the perfect example of the type of program our audience is looking for when we aren’t covering the news of the day,” said CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker. “We are happy to be continuing our relationship with Morgan and his excellent production team at Warrior Poets.”
- In 'The News Sorority,' Couric is 'Brash,' Sawyer 'Machiavellian,' Amanpour's 'Moral Superiority'
- Was Alleged Audio of Michael Brown Shooting on CNN a Hoax?
- Turner Offers Buyouts to Hundreds of Employees; Will Also Seek 'Additional Reductions in Staffing'
- How Cable News Covered Michael Brown's Funeral, Al Sharpton's Eulogy