“Good Morning America” wins another week in the morning, and by its largest margins over NBC’s “Today” in more than five months.
Compared to the same week last year the ABC morning program showed the most growth in the morning: up +20% in total viewers and up +16% in A25-54 viewers. “CBS This Morning” also showed growth: +18% / +8%. “Today” was down significantly year-over-year: -28% / -32%. This time last year was the final week of the London Summer Games. Olympics coverage gives NBC News programs a boost every two years.
“GMA” has a 51-week winning streak among total viewers which began just as the “Today” crew returned from London. Next week, if it holds, “GMA” will experience a full year at No. 1, a streak not seen in more than 21 years.
The averages for the week of August 5:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 5.225M / NBC: 4.260M / CBS: 2.606M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.868M / NBC: 1.643M / CBS: 874K
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of August 4
- What Time Do the Morning Show Anchors Wake Up?
- 'Reclaiming the Morning Television Crown is Nothing Short of a Mania Inside NBCUniversal'
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of July 28 and July 2014 Sweeps