Beginning in September, a new series from ESPN, RISE UP, will focus on four communities that came together to renovate their high school athletic facilities. The show will debut on Tuesday, September 7, and run for the following three Tuesdays, with all episodes airing at 7 p.m. ET. The series will be hosted by ESPN college football analyst Chris Spielman and mechanical engineer and television personality Deanne Bell.
Countrysinger Kenny Chesney co-wrote and will record the theme song for the series.
The schools and communities highlighted in the series are:
- Wellston High School in Wellston, OH
- The Dorchester Education Complex in Boston, MA
- Ingraham High School in Seattle, WA
- Walter H. Dyett High School in Chicago, IL
“I am pleased to be part of a team dedicated to giving back and serving schools that have a desire to excel both on the field and off,” said Spielman. “Our goal is to provide these students with the proper tools and equipment to give them an opportunity to succeed. I believe what you give will grow, what you keep you will lose.”
- Hardcore Pawn Stars on Why People Like to Watch Pawn Shows
- Isaac Lee Praises Fusion's 'Comprehensive, Truly Distinct' World Cup Coverage
- CBS News Swings and Misses on Jeter Tweet
- Germany or Argentina? Univision is Another Winner at the World Cup