- The New York Times, Jeff Zeleny: President Obama on Monday evening became the 10th American president to call on Helen Thomas at a White House news conference. And he was the first to call on Sam Stein, a reporter for The Huffington Post, whose Internet publication sprung to life during Mr. Obama’s candidacy…It was not the answer but the very fact that he took a question from Mr. Stein that created a buzz and signaled yet another shift in the ever-evolving news media landscape.
- The Washington Post, Howard Kurtz: Obama made a bit of history by calling on the first blogger at such a session, Sam Stein of the liberal Huffington Post. Stein asked about a cause popular on the left, the creation of a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate Bush administration wrongdoing.
Vote in the FishbowlDC Poll: Where Did You Watch?
Ratings on the broadcast nets: 36.9 million viewers watched on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC. According to Nielsen fast-nationals ABC led with 11.5 million viewers, followed by CBS with 9.78 million, NBC with 9.75 million and Fox with 5.9 million. (Those numbers may change when final ratings are released).
- CBS News Releases Election Coverage Plan
- 'Daily Show' Heads to Austin for Election Day: 'Democalypse 2014: South by South Mess'
- CNN's Jake Tapper Unites Democrats and Republicans in Praise of Tough, Fair Debate
- Fox News and MSNBC Have the Same Amount of 'Mostly Liberal' Viewers