President Obama’s second Oval Office address was carried on the four broadcast networks as well as the cable news networks tonight.
Following the address, FOX and CBS were first out, followed less than 30 seconds later by ABC and finally NBC. Williams had NBC News correspondent Richard Engel on set for a debrief. Engel reported live last week as the final combat convoy left Iraq.
Click continued for cable news notes…
• On Fox News, Bret Baier anchored the address and discussed the speech for a few minutes with guests including WaPo columnist Charles Krauthammer, before handing it over to Bill O’Reilly. O’Reilly discussed the address with Alan Colmes and Monica Crowley.
• On CNN, Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer anchored coverage with members of the Best Political Team on Television including John King at the magic wall and correspondents Arwa Damon and Chris Lawrence in Iraq.
- NBC News Story on ISIS Militants Uses Months-Old Footage
- Back to Baghdad for TV News Crews
- CNN Shutters Baghdad Bureau, the Last U.S. TV News Bureau in Iraq
- Anchors Reflect On 10 Years Of War In Iraq