Here is the rundown of specials that will air tonight following Senator Edward Kennedy‘s passing:
- At 7pmET, CNN will air the HBO documentary “Teddy in His Own Words,” which “chronicles Senator Kennedy’s remarkable life from his childhood through his speech at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.” The two-hour special will be hosted by Campbell Brown
- NBC will broadcast a special one-hour, live “Nightly News” anchored by Brian Williams in Hyannis Port.
- CBS will air a one-hour special “Ted Kennedy, The Last Brother” tonight at 8pmET, which will be anchored by Katie Couric and feature footage from the CBS archives including interviews with Lesley Stahl and Gloria Borger.
- ABC will broadcast a one-hour special called “Remembering Ted Kennedy” anchored by Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson at 10pmET.
- MSNBC will have a first look at Chris Matthews’ “The Kennedy Brothers: A Hardball Documentary” at 9pmET. It is also scheduled to air tomorrow at 7pmET. At 11pmET tonight, MSNBC will air the “Headliners and Legends” on Ted Kennedy. The Rachel Maddow Show is preempted.
Fox News will cover the news during scheduled programming with guests discussing Kennedy. Updates to come as we get them.
- Joan Rivers Funeral: 'I Have Never Seen Anything Like It'
- Bruce Morton Has Died
- Joan Rivers Has Died. 'Her Greatest Joy Was to Make People Laugh'
- CNN Photojournalist Dies. Sarmad Qaseera Captured Indelible Images From Iraq War