Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final earned a 5.7 overnight rating (10 share), tying 2003 (Anaheim-New Jersey) for the best NHL Stanley Cup Game 7 overnight on record, according to The Nielsen Company.
Wednesday’s game ties for the second-best Stanley Cup overnight rating in 37 years, trailing only last year’s Chicago-Philadelphia Game 6 (5.8/10 overnight)
In Boston, the game earned a 43.4 rating and a 64 share, the best overnight in the Boston market featuring a local team in any major sports championship since Super Bowl XLII (55.6) in 2008.
For the entire Stanley Cup, Boston’s local rating was a 28.1/44, 12 percent higher than Boston’s seven-game average (25.0/40) for the 2010 NBA Finals on ABC.
STANLEY CUP FINAL GAME 7 OVERNIGHT RATINGS (SINCE 1995):
T1. 6/15/11, Boston-Vancouver, 5.7/10 – Last Night’s Game
T1. 6/9/03, Anaheim-New Jersey, 5.7/9
3. 6/9/01, New Jersey-Colorado, 5.5/11
4. 6/7/04, Calgary-Tampa Bay, 5.3/8
5. 6/12/09, Pittsburgh-Detroit, 5.0/10
6. 6/19/06, Edmonton-Carolina, 4.1/7
- Bret Baier Pays Tribute to Former 'Special Report' Intern, Professional Soccer Player
- Here's a Sure Sign of Spring: MLB Network Announces Spring Training Schedule
- Thomas Roberts: If NFL Can Overlook Alleged Murderers, Why Not 'Nice, Clean-Cut Gay Guy'
- CBS Lands NFL Thursday Night Games for 2014 Season