I am requesting that MSNBC and Keith Olbermann apologize and issue a correction.
Mr. Olbermann charges that I, Betsy McCaughey, Ph.D. was paid, directly or indirectly, by the pharmaceutical industry, the biotech industry, the Hudson Institute, or Cantel Medical Corp. to write my analysis of the stimulus bill or speak about that issue. All these charges are false.
To bring you up to date…
• Mon., Feb. 9: McCaughey writes an op-ed on Bloomberg.com critical of the stimulus package.
• Thursday: Olbermann calls McCaughey a shill for Big Pharma.
• Friday: McCaughey fires back in a press release; challenges Olbermann to a debate on his show.
• Saturday: Olbermann responds to challenge; says McCaughey is “welcome to buy commercial time on MSNBC.”
• Last night: McCaughey demands correction, apology.
McCaughey’s full letter, via PRNewswire, is after the jump…