Syndicated TV is rife with staff turnaround, particularly at the top of the food chain. “Katie” debuted to a successful first season, but the numbers were not as high as the studio was hoping, resulting in the addition of Miskowiec, the former EP of “The Tyra Banks Show.”
Posts Tagged ‘Ethan Nelson’
Learn the basics of the most popular spreadsheet software in our upcoming Microsoft Excel 101 course, taught by a 15-year Excel veteran! In this four-session course, instructor Jenn Shaw will review basic formatting, calculations, and charts, helping you to create useful worksheets, budgets, and more. Enter code MBTHANKU at checkout and save 15%. Hurry – offer expires 12/24! Register Now.
Catherine McKenzie, “Good Morning America” weekend senior producer, is leaving the network and joining Queen Latifah’s upcoming talk show as supervising producer.
McKenzie, who oversees the weekend edition of “GMA” and produces for the weekday show, was also part of the team that produced “Good Afternoon America” during its summer 2012 run. The other senior producer on that show, Ethan Nelson, recently joined Katie Couric‘s syndicated show.
McKenzie has been with ABC for the last 18 years: 4 at ABC, and 14 years at WABC. Deadline has the other staff announcements on Queen Latifah. The show launches this Fall.
- Katie Couric‘s daytime talk show is adding to its executive ranks after losing EP Jeff Zucker to CNN, according to THR’s Marisa Guthrie. Ethan Nelson and Matt Strauss have been named co-EPs. Nelson comes from ABC News, where he oversaw “Good Afternoon America,” while Strauss gets a bump from producer.
- Speaking of Katie Couric, Larry King responded to Couric’s recollection of a date they had together on Ora TV. He says it didn’t exactly turn out the way she said it did, and asked Jimmy Kimmel for equal time to give his side of the story.
- Our sister blog Lost Remote talks to Fox News Channel about a partnership the network has with Twitter during the RNC and DNC. “All of the social media tools including Twitter have speed up a process that has been around for as long as the media has,” said VP of Fox News digital Jeff Misenti.
- The executive producer of “Good Afternoon America” Ethan Nelson got a little surprise from his staff this week. Nelson was given an “ambush makeover” by stylist and author Amy E. Goodman. What happened? “Goodman freed him from his drab, behind-the-scenes wardrobe and transformed him into a scene-stealing newsmaker.”
- GOP VP candidate Paul Ryan is finally doing his round-robin interviews, talking to the evening news anchors and the cable news channels. Ryan was originally slated to do interviews with the morning shows, but that was canceled late yesterday.
ABC’s “Good Morning America” is adding a new senior producer to its ranks, just days after announcing a new newsreader.
Ethan Nelson is joining “GMA” as senior broadcast producer. Nelson joins “GMA” following the announcement that ESPN’s Josh Elliot and “The Insider”‘s Lara Spencer would be joining the program as newsreader and lifestyle anchor, respectively. The moves come after James Goldston assumed senior EP duties on the program in February. Tom Cibrowski is still EP of “GMA.”
Nelson had been a producer for HBO’s “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel,” where he worked closely with the former “Today” and “Early Show” anchor.