Mike Tobin‘s deflected double kiss on the streets of Boston the other night reminded the “Fox & Friends” crew of another full-on lip lock (at least it looked that way) on the set of the morning show a couple years ago. Gretchen Carlson, Steve Doocy and Maria Molina talked about it on the “After the Show Show.” Johnny Dollar has the video.
Posts Tagged ‘Maria Molina’
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer is devoting today’s 6pmET hour of “The Situation Room” to North Korea. The hour will be simulcast on CNN International. Blitzer, who reported from North Korea in 2010, will be joined by Christiane Amanpour and Fareed Zakaria, among others.
- FNC’s Maria Molina tells Latina.com she’s wanted to be a meteorologist since age 5, after Hurricane Andrew hit her family’s home: “I learned how dangerous weather can be at a young age and since then knew that I wanted to forecast and warn people of severe weather.”
- It’s National Hug An Anchor Day! Our sister site TVSpy has a roundup of the celebrations from across the country.
FNC’s coverage will run from 11pm-12:30amET. Hemmer and Kelly will be joined by Fox News’ Kimberly Guilfoyle, Greg Gutfeld, Anna Kooiman and Maria Molina. The special will also feature performances by Pat Benetar, Sarah Brightman and the cast of Broadway’s “Million Dollar Quartet.”
As in past years, Fox News will run holiday texts from viewers on the ticker during the New Year’s Eve special, which will also be streamed on FoxNews.com.
- FNC’s media shows, “Fox News Watch” and “Journal Editorial Report” will be an hour each again this weekend, and until the election, Johnny Dollar Tweets. The shows air back-to-back today starting at 2pmET.
- Fox News meteorologist Maria Molina tells Cosmo getting into TV, “takes a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck, but if you love studying the weather, you can do a lot, including becoming a research meteorologist, or working at a government agency. It’s not just about TV!”
- SNL Kagan looks at the financial bottom lines of the big media companies, and there are a few takeaways: Disney is a big winner, Viacom and News Corp. are losers, at least until News Corp. sheds newspapers.
Megyn Kelly and Bill Hemmer are back to co-host Fox News Channel’s “All American New Year.” Kelly and Hemmer will ring in 2012 live from Times Square, just down the platform from Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin who will ring in the New Year on CNN.
FNC’s Greg Gutfeld, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Rick Leventhal, and Maria Molina will also contribute. And thanks to a show sponsor, Prudential, there will be fewer commercials during the 90-minute special which begins at 11pmET on New Year’s Eve. There will be performances from country music artists Big & Rich and Trace Adkins, as well as the cast of the Tony Award-nominated Rock of Ages.
FNC launched Fox News Latino, a new website, whilst honoring the 2010 Ailes Apprentice Program graduates Tuesday night at the Water Club in Manhattan. Fox News CEO/chair and founder of the program, Roger Ailes hosted the dinner and Bill Hemmer was the MC. Other Fox Newsers in attendance: Geraldo Rivera, Martha MacCallum, Neil Cavuto, Harris Faulkner, new FNC weather anchor Maria Molina, Dr. Manny Alvarez, and from FBN: Lori Rothman, and Eric Bolling.
The apprentice program, created by Ailes in 2003, awards each student a graduate certificate and a stipend. The apprentices are given monthly meetings with their mentors, exposure to all Fox News platforms through job shadows, and a private lunch with Ailes. The Ailes Rising Apprentice Scholarship also launched that night, which awards $10,000 to one student from each sponsoring school: Hofstra University and St. Augustine’s College.
The night was also the kick-off of Fox News Latino, an English-language website for the rapidly growing Hispanic population in the U.S. Will the website one day turn into a TV channel, like CNN en Espanol? “That’s nowhere in sight,” manager Francisco Cortes told The Miami Herald. “Though, trust me, it’s in the back of my mind.” Cortes himself is a graduate of the Ailes Apprentice Program.
Bill Hemmer, Roger Ailes, Anita Sthalasayee, apprentice, for Imus in the Morning and Tom Bowman, Imus EP and Anita’s mentor.
More photos from the event are after the jump…