- The AP’s John Mancini is joining NBC News as the director of digital newsgathering. In a note to staff, SVP of worldwide newsgathering David Verdi said the hire “is the next step in our transformation to creating content for all our users and viewers no matter how they choose to get their news.”
- Discovery’s “Skywire Live with Nik Wallenda,” which was produced by NBC News’ Peacock Productions, is the winner of two 2014 Realscreen Awards. The special was honored this week for Digital and Branded Content – Multi-Platform Project and for Most Original Concept.
- The Awards Ticker: Ward's Award, Damon's Honor, Ramos' Best
- The A.M. Ticker: Brooks Out, CNN Brand, Florida Fan
- The Evening Ticker: Turner's Island, AJAM's Exclusive, CNN Philippines' Launch
- The Morning Ticker: Sawyer, Hannity, Leno