- CNN is launching another original series. “Crimes of the Century,” from acclaimed director Ridley Scott and his Scott Free Productions, focuses on a single major news event that had has far reaching repercussions. The first of 8 episodes airs Sunday, June 23 at 9pm ET.
- NBC’s “Dateline” was Friday’s #1 show among all broadcast networks. “Dateline’s” look at the Michael Peterson case drew 6.4 million viewers between 8-1opmET. It drew the biggest overall audience for the timeslot since February 15. The show was also #1 in the younger viewing demos of A18-34, A18-49 and A25-54.
- Page Six wonders if CNN and new anchor Chris Cuomo got special coverage from the new BEACH magazine, which is edited by Chris’s wife Cristina Cuomo. Nope, says the Mag: “It’s a no-brainer that the host of a highly anticipated new morning show, his boss, and some high-profile colleagues, who all have houses at the beach, would be on Beach’s media power list regardless of who is editing the magazine.”
- The Friday Ticker: 'Med' Ratings, Rula's Take, Battleground Polls
- The A.M. Ticker: Reporter Missing, New Network, Colbert Stays
- The Afternoon Ticker: Liesman & Obama, Castiglia & CBS, Newt & the Root
- The Morning Ticker: Reporter Explains, 'Meet' Rumors, Kickstart CNN