As the media this morning is collectively asking, “Why won’t Barack Obama text me?” the waiting game has begun for the Vice President announcement. On FNC and CNN, the topic (as well as various shots outside the hopefuls residences) has seen major airtime. Well, MSNBC has volleyball to pass the time. All signs point to later today for the announcement…so stay tuned.
• Related And we were up early to catch the announcement, but apparently not as early as CNN’s John Roberts. Click continued for some teasing during American Morning…
A tipster pointed us to the end of American Morning, as Jessica Yellin finished a report on the announcement:
Yellin: I’m putting my money on having it come out around 6:00 eastern time tonight. That’s what I’ve been hearing for a while. But I could be wrong.
Roberts: We’ll take a couple of bucks and we’ll put that down for you. Jessica Yellin, thanks.
Carol Costello: (laughing) And you came in at midnight.
Roberts: No, it wasn’t midnight. It was 12:45.
- On Cable, FNC is Most-Watched for Obama Immigration Remarks
- Obama to Heckler: 'I've Been Respectful to You. I Want You to be Respectful to Me'
- As Networks Pass on Immigration Address, Local Stations Produce Special Reports
- Obama Flights to Alex Wagner's Wedding Cost Taxpayers $358,490