In the Meet the Press minute today, moderator Tom Brokaw remembered one-time Sunday show host and, later, White House press secretary Tony Snow. “It’s been a tough season for all of us here in Washington,” Brokaw said after playing a clip of Tim Russert, who died last month, interviewing Tony Snow, who died yesterday, in February, 2007, after Snow transitioned from broadcasting to becoming White House press secretary.
“He went out as he lived, with great conviction and with great dignity. His family is in our thoughts and prayers this morning,” Brokaw said.
It was the fist Meet the Press to originate from Washington since Brokaw was named moderator three weeks ago. (The show did not air last weekend due to the Wimbledon men’s final. The week prior, Brokaw hosted from the WGA conference in Wyoming.)
• Related: Snow’s Final Appearance: Remembering Russert
- Meredith Vieira on Ann Curry's 'Today' Exit: 'That Was Such a Bad Time'
- NBC Promotes Madeleine Haeringer to EP of International News
- David Gregory Issues 'End Note' to Clarify Unverified Video From Gaza
- 'Sharknado 2:' Watch for Sharks, 'Today' Show Cameos, and also Sharks