In the Meet the Press minute today, moderator Tom Brokaw remembered one-time Sunday show host and, later, White House press secretary Tony Snow. “It’s been a tough season for all of us here in Washington,” Brokaw said after playing a clip of Tim Russert, who died last month, interviewing Tony Snow, who died yesterday, in February, 2007, after Snow transitioned from broadcasting to becoming White House press secretary.
“He went out as he lived, with great conviction and with great dignity. His family is in our thoughts and prayers this morning,” Brokaw said.
It was the fist Meet the Press to originate from Washington since Brokaw was named moderator three weeks ago. (The show did not air last weekend due to the Wimbledon men’s final. The week prior, Brokaw hosted from the WGA conference in Wyoming.)
• Related: Snow’s Final Appearance: Remembering Russert
- Savannah Guthrie to 'Girls' Star: 'Spoiler Alert, I'm Not' Willing to Bare All for Show Part
- Tom Brokaw: 'Very Pleased' With the Progress of Cancer Treatment
- Happy Birthday Willard Scott
- Kerry Sanders Temporarily Blinded After Hours of Live Shots: 'The UV Light Was Slowly Burning My Corneas'