According to station monitoring site TVEyes, Lopez worked the 6:30 p.m news on April 18, but was absent from the 11:00 p.m. show. Her co-anchor C.J. Ward told viewers Lopez had the night off. She hasn’t been on air since.
“I can tell you that KEYT and NPG continue to wish Paula well,” KEYT general manager Mark Danielson told Santa Barbara’s Noozhawk after saying he could not comment on an employee’s health or personnel issues. “I don’t have any information on when Paula might be able to return to work,” he added.
Lopez made headlines when family members alerted the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s office of her disappearance around 10:00 a.m. February 27. Her family told KEYT she had returned home safely by 6:30 p.m. She returned to KEYT on April 8.
Last Month, Lopez told Noozhawk her initial disappearance was caused by working too much and neglecting medical issues like pneumonia and dehydration.