In a statement, Janet Mason, president and GM of WZZM said, “We’re very excited to be able to offer this important local newscast at 5 p.m. to West Michigan news consumers.”
WZZM recently said it was moving Lee Van Ameyde off the anchor desk and replacing him with LaFave. The station also posted a timeline of its most recent moves:
- May 27: The Noon weekday newscast expanded by 30 minutes. The Noon News with Lauren Stanton and Aaron Ofseyer now runs 12 – 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- August 10: 9-10 a.m. Sunday newscast launched with Jennifer Pascua.
- August 18: The weekday Morning News will expand by 30 minutes. The newscast will begin at 4:30 a.m. with co-anchors Lauren Stanton and Dan Harland and meteorologist Aaron Ofseyer. Weekday Morning News will now run from 4:30 – 7 a.m. Monday through Friday, followed by Good Morning America.
- September 8: WZZM 13 News at 5 p.m. launches with Juliet Dragos and new co-anchor Nick LaFave. Evening news will now run from 5 – 6:30 p.m. and 11 – 11:35 p.m.
- Heartland Media Buys Family Owned Station in Tupelo
- Nick Nicholson Named VP and General Manager at WFTS
- Arkansas Station Adds Yuna Lee as AM Anchor
- WXMI Names New Morning Anchor