With his victory at the men’s time trial in London on Wednesday, cyclist Bradley Wiggins has established himself as arguably the greatest British Olympian of all time, with his seven medals surpassing Steve Redgrave as GB’s most winningest Olympic athlete.
But how did Twitter react?
Massively. Wiggins was namechecked a total of 117,000 times during the time trial, which peaked at 12,000 mentions per minute during his victory, surpassing the start of the penalty shootout when Italy knocked England out of the European Cup* last month.
This, and other notable data that accompanied Wiggins’ success, can be seen in the infographic below.
* Incorrectly listed as World Cup in the visual above.
- Jennifer Lawrence, Brad Pitt, Gravity And THAT Selfie - Twitter's Reaction To The Oscars [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The World Of Social Media Monitoring And Analytics [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Build Your Digital Audience Across Social Media, Email And Mobile [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Past, Present And Future Of Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]