With his victory at the men’s time trial in London on Wednesday, cyclist Bradley Wiggins has established himself as arguably the greatest British Olympian of all time, with his seven medals surpassing Steve Redgrave as GB’s most winningest Olympic athlete.
But how did Twitter react?
Massively. Wiggins was namechecked a total of 117,000 times during the time trial, which peaked at 12,000 mentions per minute during his victory, surpassing the start of the penalty shootout when Italy knocked England out of the European Cup* last month.
This, and other notable data that accompanied Wiggins’ success, can be seen in the infographic below.
* Incorrectly listed as World Cup in the visual above.
- When is the Best Time to Tweet on Black Friday? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How to Achieve True Engagement With Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 8 Reasons to Combine Social Media and SEO [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media Vs SEO Smackdown: 7 Key Differences Between Social and Search [INFOGRAPHIC]