With his victory at the men’s time trial in London on Wednesday, cyclist Bradley Wiggins has established himself as arguably the greatest British Olympian of all time, with his seven medals surpassing Steve Redgrave as GB’s most winningest Olympic athlete.
But how did Twitter react?
Massively. Wiggins was namechecked a total of 117,000 times during the time trial, which peaked at 12,000 mentions per minute during his victory, surpassing the start of the penalty shootout when Italy knocked England out of the European Cup* last month.
This, and other notable data that accompanied Wiggins’ success, can be seen in the infographic below.
* Incorrectly listed as World Cup in the visual above.
- More Than 70% Of Under 35s Research, Post And Talk About Brands On Social Media [STUDY]
- A Field Guide To Navigating Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The #Selfie Syndrome - Is Social Media Making Us All Narcissistic? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- What Brands Rule Twitter? [INFOGRAPHIC]