Are nonprofits using social media effectively?
Craigconnects, a website ran by Craigslist founder Craig Newmark, have who looked at how the top nonprofits were utilizing platforms such as Twitter and Facebook in their campaigns in August and September of 2011.
- 92% of the top 50 nonprofits have at least one social media presence displayed on their website homepage
- PBS has the most followers of any nonprofits on Twitter
- The American Red Cross was the first nonprofit (in the top 50) to create a Twitter account
- Social Media Explained With Beer [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Social Video (But Were Afraid To Ask) [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Is Social Media Bad For Your Health? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Power Of Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]