Oprah finally submitted her first tweet to the Twittersphere, and quickly received a lesson in social media from Shaquille O’Neal. It wasn’t long before she had an army of followers some half-a-million strong, giving a massive boost to the entire Twitter network. At the time of writing she is following 10 people, most of which are celebrities.
Here Before Oprah?
Researchers Turn Thoughts Into Tweets
The University of Wisconsin’s Neural Interfaces lab has built something that’s not far short of a miracle – a software system that reads brain patterns and converts those signals into Twitter updates.
Five Ways To Get Your Questions Answered On Twitter
Twitter Changes The Rules
As of April 20, Twitter has changed the number of accounts that a single user can follow in a day to 1000. It seems wise, but unless those people follow you back, what exactly can you do with that? Hard to spam somebody who isn’t following you.
Ignore Twitter At Your Peril
It’s been a big week for scandal. Amazon, Dominos and CNN all had some damage repair to take care of, thanks to events that broke and had legs on Twitter.
Twitter Personality Test
Have your Twitter personality tested with Twanalyst. Seems everybody who does more than a handful of submissions a day is a spammer.
(It also ranks me as a celebrity, so take it with a hefty pinch.)
94% Of CNN’s Audience Doesn’t Use Twitter
Over the past 48 hours, many users started receiving direct messages that weren’t actually sent to them. Twitter assures us that the problem is now resolved, but they’re said that about lots of things.
Another burst of the Mikeyy worm last weekend, but this time he was a lot more philosophical, and to be honest actually quite amusing. Refreshingly, Twitter took care of him pretty quickly. Will the network get hit again tomorrow? Stay tuned to find out.
This Week On Twittercism.com
- Two Quick & Easy Ways To Find That Missing Tweet (Thursday)
- The Secret To Twitter Success – Be Famous, Useful Or Interesting (Wednesday)
- Why Replies On Twitter Are Far More Damaging Than Direct Messages (Tuesday)
- The Media140 Microblogging Event (London, May 20, 2009) (Tuesday)
- The Problems I Have With TopFollowFriday.com (Tuesday)
- See Where Short URLs Really Go With ExpandMyURL.com (Monday)
- Take The Hassle Out Of #followfriday Courtesy Of The Twitter Tag Project (Sunday)
- More Mikeyy! And This Time, He’s Philosophical (Saturday)
- Worried About Clicking On A Short URL? Try LinkNark (Saturday)
- Three Brand Fails That Prove Auto-Replies On Twitter Are A Bad Idea
- Would You Want To Follow Someone With A Handshake?
- Does Twitter Have What It Takes To Predict A Viral Tweet In Real Time?
- 5 Things Investors Can Learn About Twitter From The Facebook And LinkedIn IPOs