We know there are many, many writers on Twitter, so this should be fun. We want to see who can come up with the best piece of flash fiction in one tweet – and we’ll then highlight that winner in an upcoming post.
Is that person you?
Ooo, this is going to be good.
The Guardian has a weekly “Twitter Fiction” post where it shares stories written by top writers.
Top writers try their hand at writing a story with only Twitter’s 140-character limit to play with
I’ve read them and they’re okay, I guess. But something about them bothers me. Probably the fact that it’s limited to “top writers.” So I thought, “let’s open this baby up!” Are you game?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Write a kickass piece of flash fiction (any topic) in 140 characters or less and add the AllTwitter Flash Fiction hashtag to the tweet, #ATFF. No need to @mention AllTwitter.
- Do NOT make it longer than one tweet or you will be disqualified.
- Enter as many times as you want – as long as each tweet is its own distinct piece of flash fiction (spammers trying to float a novel will be aggressively reported for spam)
- The tweet with the most retweets wins (that’s how folks will vote)
The contest starts now and it ends on Friday, 2/1 at 12:01 a.m. PT (so really Thursday night 1/31 at midnight). And the winner will be announced and highlighted on Friday, 2/1 – or that weekend if I can’t get in touch with him/her.
Ready, set, goooo!
Disclaimer: I may post a few entries as well, but am not eligible to win.
(Writing image from Shutterstock)
- Second #TwitterFiction Festival To Take Place March 12-16
- NBC Running Twitter Sweepstakes For Its Fall TV Lineup
- Want To Read Some Great Poetry This Month? Follow @30Poets30Days
- Twitter Co-Founder Contender For 2013 #TIME100 List - And There's Still Time To Vote!