Valentine’s Day is upon us, and if you haven’t yet picked up your honey the clutch bouquet of flowers or box of chocolates, you might be shaking in your boots.
But, never fear: social media is here. Thanks to the growing phenomenon of social gifting, it’s easier than ever to make just-right purchases online for any holiday or other occasion.
A few suggestions for last-minute Valentine’s Day social gifts, below.
1. Tap into the brand new Twitter/American Express partnership to secure a gift by a simple tweet. Just sync up an eligible American Express card with your Twitter profile, watch your Twitter feed for special deals from @AmexSync, then tweet the relevant hashtag within 15 minutes to participate. So far, participants have been able to “tweet to buy” $25 Amex gift cards for just $15. Further offers from Amazon, including a Kindle Fire HD at $50 off the RRP, Sony, Urban Zen and Xbox, will be released soon.
2. Use Treater to send a gift to be delivered through text, Facebook or email. Right now, they’re running a special V Day promotion in which you can order someone a $6 ice cream sundae from Cold Stone Creamery for just $1.
3. Check out Wrapp, a fun and easy way to give gift cards to your Facebook friends. Right now, for a limited time, you can give them (i.e., your valentine) a $10 Levi’s gift card – for FREE – by liking this page.
4. Is your significant other a do-gooder? Donate Your Account allows users to donate their Twitter and Facebook accounts to a campaign, which can then spread its message by having it automatically retweeted or reshared through donated accounts.
5. There’s also, of course, Facebook Gifts. For Valentine’s Day, fill her up (or him) with any of a dozen selections of chocolates, gorgeous flowers, jewelry and the like.
6. Facebook Gifts has a Twitter imitator, Gwitr. Choose from a variety of vector images, wrap them and then send them with a message. You can also upload your own gift to send.
6. In love with a science lover? Atomium Culture is running a Twitter contest where people who tweet about why science means so much to them and use the #lovescience hashtag will be entered to win a trip to Brussels this summer to help Atomium Culture present its recommendations to the European Commission for science funding within the Europe 2020 framework. Speakers at the event will include German chancellor Angela Merkel and Maire Geoghegan-Quinn, European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science. A big deal for the geeks among us!
7. Calling all beer enthusiasts: Narragansett Beer is sponsoring a creative Valentine’s Day gift contest on Twitter. Follow @Gansettbeer, tweet “I Love @Gansettbeer” to enter, then on Valentine’s Day a winner will be randomly selected. “Tall Boy,” the New England brewery’s hilarious mascot, will then deliver a free six-pack and roses to your sweetheart.
8. Enter Godiva’s Share The Love Valentine’s sweepstakes (just upload a digital photo of yourself and your valentine) and you could win Godiva chocolates for yourself and up to 500 of your Facebook fans. Each of the ten prizes is worth up to $15,000.
9. Fry’s Electronics’ Fry’s Loves You $5,000 Facebook Sweepstakes is offering one winner a shopping spree for computers, appliances, and more.
10. Enter Who What Wear’s Repin to Win Sweepstakes on Facebook and Pinterest for your chance to win a Tacori ring worth over $1,500.
(Image via Shutterstock)