We mentioned the rumors circling Condé Nast, so here is some good news for the company: It posted the biggest overall ad page gain for the first half among the major publishing houses.
According to min, Condé posted a 280 page gain during the first six months compared to last year, easily beating out second place Bonnier Corporation. Here are the top five:
- Condé Nast – 280 ad page gain
- Bonnier Corp. – 227
- Wenner Media – 225
- Source Interlink – 197
- Time Inc. – 172
The news for all of the 22 surveyed publishing companies was sobering however, as 12 posted gains and 10 had losses. Speaking of losses, notice any big company missing from the top five? That’s right — Hearst isn’t listed. The company hasn’t done well at all so far. Even with the addition of the Hachette titles, Hearst barely posted a gain. Without the acquisition, the company would’ve been in the red.
- AP Removes Photo Depicting Boy's Group Acting More Bigoted Than Usual
- Condé Nast Relocation to 1 WTC Begins in November
- Forbes Media Buyer Might Come from Far East
- AOL Revenue up 13 Percent Behind Strong Ad Sales