On the eve of the new 007 flick Skyfall, The Wall Street Journal asks an interesting question: has “the mother and father of all franchises” (thanks, David Denby) turned into a big, disgusting orgy of product placement? Is James Bond a sexy spy or just a not-so-secret spokesman for Heineken, Omega, Sony, Adidas and, of course, Aston Martin? And have these obvious sponsorships damaged the series’ credibility?
Hmm…we’ll spend Saturday afternoon pondering that one. Next week in Questions That Matter:
- Are puppies too adorable?
- Are chocolate chip cookies too delicious?
- Are cumulus clouds too white and fluffy?
- Is the name “Miss Pussy Galore Honey Rider Solitaire Plenty O’Toole May Day Xenia Onatopp Holly Goodhead Tiffany Case Kissy Suzuki Mary Goodnight Jinx Johnson Octopussy Domino Moneypenny” too subtle?
We await your answers with bated breath.
- Oxygen's New Lineup Is Tailored for the Young, Multicultural Female Viewer
- Just in Time for Prom: KFC Introduces Chicken Corsage
- Brands, Political Interests Tweeted the 'Mad Men' Premiere With Varying Degrees of Success
- WATCH: Netflix Goes to Prom, Proves Being a 'Third Wheel' Can be Epic