On the eve of the new 007 flick Skyfall, The Wall Street Journal asks an interesting question: has “the mother and father of all franchises” (thanks, David Denby) turned into a big, disgusting orgy of product placement? Is James Bond a sexy spy or just a not-so-secret spokesman for Heineken, Omega, Sony, Adidas and, of course, Aston Martin? And have these obvious sponsorships damaged the series’ credibility?
Hmm…we’ll spend Saturday afternoon pondering that one. Next week in Questions That Matter:
- Are puppies too adorable?
- Are chocolate chip cookies too delicious?
- Are cumulus clouds too white and fluffy?
- Is the name “Miss Pussy Galore Honey Rider Solitaire Plenty O’Toole May Day Xenia Onatopp Holly Goodhead Tiffany Case Kissy Suzuki Mary Goodnight Jinx Johnson Octopussy Domino Moneypenny” too subtle?
We await your answers with bated breath.
- HBO Drops Beats and Rhymes into Game of Thrones Promos
- Australian Bank Celebrates Sydney's Gay Mardi Gras with 'GAYTM' Machines
- A Shot of Creative Inspiration from Ira Glass of 'This American Life'
- The Muppets and Lipton Team Up to Make Life 'More Tea' (More Harmonious)