“Good Morning America” makes it 42 weeks in row at #1, its longest stretch at the top in more than 21 years.
But it’s #3 “CBS This Morning” that showed the most growth compared to the same week last year. The show is up +30% in viewers and up +19% in the A25-54 demo. “GMA” too, was up big in both measurements: +20% in viewers and +14% in the demo.
NBC’s “Today” was down year-over-year: -5% / -9%. But did increase from the week in both Total Viewers and younger viewers and also won Wednesday and Thursday in the demo.
While ABC and CBS are growing and NBC seems to have stemmed their losses, here’s an interesting stat: 1.32 million more people watched the network morning shows last week, than watched at this same time last year.
The averages for the week of June 3, 2013:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 5.330M / NBC: 4.506M / CBS: 2.784M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 2.014M / NBC: 1.818M / CBS: 1.000M
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of February 24 and February, 2014 Sweeps
- Weekend Morning Show Ratings: February Sweeps
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of February 17
- Back from Sochi, 'Today' Drops Behind 'GMA'