- Self-paced instruction
- 16 video lessons
- 3 hours of lesson content
- Event marketing exercises
- Led by an industry expert
- Lifetime access
Who Should Take This Course
Event Planners, Marketers, PR Pros, Social Media Managers
Skills You Will Learn
Create an event summary to define your goals and objectives: target audience, press outreach, strategic partnerships and more
Identify the differences between B2B and B2C events
Create an event timeline to manage logistics, timing and responsibility
Develop a clear understanding of key fundamentals around developing a cohesive brand story through visuals
Align with promotional outlets and strategic partnerships that make sense for your brand messaging
Utilize social media, new media platforms and technology to build upon and amplify your marketing strategy
Why Take This Course
Learn the fundamentals of curating, executing and promoting a successful B2B or B2C event from A-Z. Whether you are a marketer, event planner, social media professional or someone who creates and promotes events, this course will ensure your event marketing strategies leave a lasting, positive brand-focused impression.
Put the “Fun” in Fundamentals
- Lesson 1: What is Event Marketing?
- Lesson 2: Getting Organized from Soup to Nuts.
- Lesson 3: Know the Room: The difference between B2B and B2C events
Make It Sparkle: Branding, Swag & Beyond
- Lesson 1: Branding & Visuals.
- Lesson 2: Programming & Promotion
- Lesson 3: Swag WITH an ROI.
New Media & Technology
- Lesson 1: Let’s get Digital!
- Lesson 2: How to make Social Media work for you.
- Lesson 3: Data Capture
- Lesson 1: Strategic Partnerships and Advertisers: do you need them?
- Lesson 2: Practical Tips & Tricks
- Lesson 3: Postemortem
About the Instructor
Dana Johnson is a Louisiana native with over 10 years experience as a marketing professional in New York City. She has created top tier integrated marketing campaigns at some of the industry’s biggest media outlets and Fortune 500 television and publishing brands. Dana has been able to leverage her diverse background in cross platform marketing to bring to life compelling B2B and B2C events within the United States and abroad. As an entrepreneur herself, her background and unique understanding of small business needs offer an alternative approach to event marketing. Dana graduated Cum Laude with her MBA from Adelphi University and presently resides in Los Angeles.