Welcome to Social Media Marketing
Every business, regardless of size, needs a social media strategy. But if you’re just starting out, using social media can be daunting. Which platforms are right for your brand? What do you post? How do you get followers?
This course demystifies social media marketing and guides you through the endless capabilities of platforms like Facebook and Instagram. You will learn to apply tactics and think strategically so you can begin to shape your brand’s perception, drive traffic to your site, sell products and eventually be seen as a leader within your corner of the industry. This course gives you a foundation from which to build a smart social media approach that over time, can direct your brand to social success
Skills You Will Learn
How to apply the 5 elements of successful social media marketing - Strategy, Frequency, Timing, Effective Content and Engagement
Identify your audience and discern which platforms they spend their time
Develop messaging for each platform to reach your intended audience
Experiment with the best times of day and frequency to post
Highlight positive comments, and use negative feedback as a tool to strengthen your brand
Capitalize on social trends, proper use of images, initiate and piggy back on hashtags
Understand performance/measurement basics from standard platform-native and third party measurement tools
Use your data to inform when, where, what and how you post moving forward
Introduction and The Basics
- Lesson 1: What is Social Media Marketing and why is it Important?
- Lesson 2: Strategy - Identify Your Audience and Where to Find Them
Creative, Calculated Conversation
- Lesson 1: Execution, Frequency, Content and Posting
- Lesson 2: Images vs. Texts vs. Links - Oh My!
- Lesson 3: Reply and Adjust - Relationship Building and Analysis
Measurement and Management
- Lesson 1: Analytics Resources and Beyond
- Lesson 2: Engagement - What Does it Really Mean?