- Self-paced instruction
- 19 video lessons
- 3 hours of lesson content
- Writing and planning exercises
- Led by an industry expert
- Lifetime access
Who Should Take This Course
Writers, Copywriters, Editors, Journalists, Marketers
Skills You Will Learn
Create a business plan for blog success—know where your blog fits and how it will work for you
Establish essential brand elements for your blog—style, voice, positioning, etc.
Identify basic design concepts and choose an appropriate template
Set your blog up the right way—domain, key pages, analytics
4 proven pillars of SEO and Google Trends that boost qualified traffic
Write headlines that work
Effectively use metadata
Design a taxonomy of categories and tags to organize and archive your content
Create an effective editorial calendar that incorporates multi-format content
Why Take This Course
Whether you’re an author building your marketing platform, a freelance writer creating an online portfolio of clips, or a business owner growing your customer base, starting a blog can help you stand out. Your blog can be essential for your content marketing strategy and can be used to grow your audience across social platforms.
This 101-level course is intended for beginning bloggers who want to learn the best practices for creating a blog strategy from scratch. From design to an ongoing maintenance plan, this course will help you build your authority as a writer, connect with audiences and drive sales for your business.
Set Your Blogging Goals
- Lesson 1: What Is a Blog / Influencer?
- Lesson 2: Goal Setting and Your Blog’s Business Plan
- Lesson 3: How to Create Killer Content, Choose a Name and Style Guide
Getting Ready to Blog: Design, Set Up and Content Plan
- Lesson 1: Getting Set Up - Domain to Social Handles
- Lesson 2: Choose a Theme, Leverage Key Pages and Set Up Analytics
- Lesson 3: Getting Started - Use Categories and Tags, Create the Perfect Post
- Lesson 4: Set Up an Editorial Calendar
- Lesson 1: The 4 Pillars of SEO
- Lesson 2: Reach Your Audience
- Lesson 3: Keywords, Competitive Searches, Google Keyword Planner
- Lesson 4: Write a Killer Headline and Optimize Content
- Lesson 5: Metadata - Creating Metadata, Linking Effectively, Categories and Tabs
- Lesson 1: Social and SEO - Understand Social Influence
- Lesson 2: Repurpose Content and Self Promotion
- Lesson 3: Evaluate Success - Work with Brands, Develop a Media Kit and Ongoing Analytics
About the Instructor
McLean Robbins is a content strategist, copywriter, and digital consultant for some of the world’s leading brands, including Marriott, Four Seasons, the National Sleep Foundation, and many more. She has extensive experience in producing high-visibility web content and designing effective digital campaigns that help build brand and personal visibility. Based in Washington, DC, McLean is also a luxury lifestyle journalist for publications including Forbes Travel Guide, Travel Channel, AOL, The Washingtonian, Robb Report, and more. McLean holds a Master’s degree in Journalism from Georgetown University.