Welcome to Infographics and Visual Data
Show don’t tell. The way to get readers to engage with your content is through smart, visually appealing infographics. Next to video, infographics are one of the fastest and most effective ways to deliver information and grasp complex topics.
This course will teach you how to conceptualize, design and produce infographics using free and simple tools. You will learn how to organize information, determine the right graphic elements, structure your visual in a logical way and share the infographic with your target audience.
Skills You Will Learn
Principles of information design—Sequence, Parts to a Whole, Scale, etc.
Identify and utilize trends in infographics to maximize shareability
Distill complex information and transform it to a smart infographic
Do your research, distinguish between sketchy and reputable resources
Generate relevant infographic ideas for your brand, website or business
Compile data, conduct background research and flesh out ideas from start to finish
Build flat and dynamic infographics using free and low-cost tools and resources
Successfully navigate the design process from idea to completion
Build a Powerful Foundation for Ideas with Infographics
- Lesson 1: The Power of Infographics – Simple to Surprising Applications
- Lesson 2: Forms/Uses of Infographics – 5 Ideas to Put Into Action Today
- Lesson 3: How Do You Approach Designing an Infographic?
The Fundamentals of Good Design Information
- Lesson 1: The Process – From Idea to Wireframe to Design
- Lesson 2: Presenting Data – The Options
- Lesson 3: Great Tools for Creating Flat Infographics
From Static to Motion
- Lesson 1: Your Infographic in Many Forms
- Lesson 2: The State of the Art in Motion Graphics
- Lesson 3: Creating a Simple Motion Graphic
Interactivity and Release
- Lesson 1: Why Interactivity is So Important
- Lesson 2: Simple Ways for Using Interactivity
- Lesson 3: Plan the Release of Your Infographic